- Search & Find
- Research Help
- Library Services
To find books and other items that are physically housed in Coulter Library, search the library's online catalog and locate the call number for the item.
While searching, keep in mind that you are searching through very brief descriptions, not the entire books; vary your keywords to be sure you are doing a thorough search.
Searching the catalog:
- Enter your topic into the search box and click on the search button. If appropriate, use the pulldown menu to search for your words only in specific fields (“title”, “author”, etc.)
About your search results:
- The call number is two columns to the right of the title.
- If the call number area says “Ebook”, click on the link below it (“Link to full text”) to read the book online.
- If you see the word “Media” in the call number column, the item is a CD or DVD.
- If you see “REF” in front of the call number, the item is a Reference work, and will be found in the Reference area on the first floor. (These items cannot be checked out.)
- Look at the column to the right of the call number column to see if your item is checked out or available.
- If you want more detail on your item, click on the title.
If you are not getting any search results:
- Check your spelling.
- If your spelling is correct, try different keywords.
- If that doesn’t work, ask for help!