- Search & Find
- Research Help
- Library Services
Circulation of Materials
Coulter Library offers a variety of materials to support academics and for personal enjoyment. Students may borrow up to fifteen items at one time.
- Books: three weeks (two renewals allowed), 5 book limit within any given subject area
- Periodicals: three weeks (one renewal allowed), 5 periodical limit, the most recent issue does not circulate
- CDs: two weeks (one renewal allowed), 5 CD limit per day
- DVDs: one week (no renewals allowed), 3 DVD limit
- Professor-requested DVDs, videocassettes: do not circulate; in-library use only
- Reference items: do not circulate; in-library use only
- NOTE: Books and periodicals are subject to recall after the initial three-week loan period.
During the last three weeks of each semester, all materials checked out by students are due the last day of the semester. If a student needs to keep something longer, arrangements can be made at the discretion of the librarian.
Items will not become due during the break between Christmas and New Year's Day. Items will be loaned for a lesser amount of time ("special loan") from New Year's Day until classes begin in January.Distance Students - Distance students should use their local library or their local library's inter-library loan (ILL) services when possible, in the interest of expediency. If ILL is unavailable to them, Coulter Library will mail items to distance students; all student circulation policies apply [see above]. Items must be returned to Coulter Library at the student's expense; an extra week will be added to the total check-out time to allow for mailing back and forth. Do not hesitate to contact a Reference Librarian for help accessing ebooks and on-line databases. Call at 315-498-2334 or use the online submission form to ask for help.